ACTIVITIES IN WINTER
Ylläs area has 63 slopes and 29 lifts. We have also has excellent snow park areas, super-G slope and off-piste slopes.
Ylläs the facts:
– 719 meters above sea level
– 63 slopes: 6 green, 27 blue, 24 red and 6 black
– 53 kilometres of trails
– Longest slope in Finland, 3 kilometres long “Jättipitkä”
– Snow parks and streets
– Gondola, chair lift and 27 other lifts
– 11 ski restaurants
– 2 professional ski schools
From the snow parks you can find different kind of jumps and rails for the beginners and for more skilled riders. Ylläs has four different parks: Ylläs Park and Mountain Dew Junior park are located in the Sport Resort Ylläs area and on the other side of the fell Ylläs-Ski has Fun Park and Junior Park.
Off-piste – opportunities for off-piste skiing are plentiful on the sides of the slopes.
Cross country skiing
It is easy to start country cross skiing in the yard of Ylläshilla cottage – just 400 metres along the private trail to prepared illuminated trails. Ylläs has totally 330 km mechanically prepared trails and 38 km of these are illuminated. There are so many different routes – so you can choose a new one every day. Many of the tracks take you inside the Pallas-Ylläs National park where the pure nature is carefully preserved. The Ylläs rest stop network is made up of a total of 25 lean-to shelters and Laplander huts and 14 ski track cafés!
Some facts about the tracks
– 330 kilometres of cross-country skiing tracks
– 38 kilometres of illuminated tracks
– Skiing area at height of between 191 and 540 metres
– All tracks suitable for traditional and skating-style skiing
– 15 ski cafés along the tracks
– Cross-country skiing lessons provided in both villages
Horse riding is available all year round in Ylläs; you can choose whether you just go for a few hours or a whole day trek.
Snowmobiling. There is 410 km of snowmobile tracks.
Ice fishing = pilkkiminen
Riemuliiteri traditional dances
After ski dancing
Northern Lights – Come to Ylläs and admire the Northern Lights! Auroras appear on average every second night from September – to April.
Culture – Music Events f.i. Ylläs Jazz Blues, Laurin chapel concerts and songs. A lot of exhibitions and cultural events in Kellokas Natural Centre.